top of page


Broward College In United States logo

2+2 Program

2 years in Spain + 2 years in the U.S.

Academics: Section Title
Academics: Services

The University Transfer Program enables students to begin in Marbella the first 2 years of University, studying much of the basic coursework required by all North American universities. Throughout these first 2 years, students do not have the obligation to choose the university degree they want to do. This decision is made when the 3rd year begins, with all the advantages that this entails.

Upon completion of those 2 years of college, students receive the "Associate of Arts Degree" from Broward College, which is recognized and accepted worldwide.

After obtaining an Associate of Arts Degree, students can transfer to a North American university (USA or any other university in Europe or the world that offers the North American university system) where they can complete their degree and obtain their diploma: BA (Bachelor of Arts), BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) or BSc (Bachelor of Science).

The System works in the following way:

– Credits for courses taken at The American College in Spain are transferred and accepted as credits toward the degree of another institution. Universities in the USA will generally accept credits from other accredited institutions if the student has earned a minimum of a “C” grade in the course and if the student’s current institution has equivalent class work in its curriculum that meets the receiving institution’s degree requirements.

– Each institution has different requirements for its degrees, which all students must meet. Many universities insist that all specialized requirements for a degree be completed at the degree-awarding institution, a fact, which limits the amount a receiving university will award in transfer credits.

– Some institutions have residency requirements, which state that a certain portion of the courses must be done at the degree awarding university. All of these factors must be taken into consideration at the time of planning for a student’s transfer. 

University program The American College in Spain
Broward Students


Students wishing to apply to the University Transfer Program, should fill in the following form:

Estudiante en una rotura
bottom of page